]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

ZR1NET Home

ZR1NET  October 2006

ZR1NET October 2006

Re: TECH: Procedure to Remove Secondaries

jabby199 <[log in to unmask]>

jabby199 <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:48:20 -0700

Text/Plain

Without sounding too stupid, I have a couple of questions. Before I ask them
 let me state that I am not an expert ZR1 guy. I have owned my 1990 for
about a year and a half and been a member of this registry for about the
same. I have from time to time heard people talk of removing the secondary's
 I understand that the LT5 has a secondary induction system which operates
above 3K rpm and can be switched on and off with the power key. This
secondary induction system includes both a secondary intake air as well as
secondary fuel injectors which increase fuel flow with the increase in air
flow.

Now, my questions:

1. When the chip is reprogrammed, is the fuel flow from the primary
injectors increased to compensate for the loss of the secondary's?

 2. How is the performance not affected by removing the secondary's?

I have learned much from this registry, I just cannot understand how
removing (eliminating) the secondary's, which are a large part of the LT5's
performance, does not negatively effect it's performance. I also understand
this System increases the complexity of the engine (increasing the potential
for failures) and the wish of some folks to eliminate it.

John Boothby

1990 red/saddle #148