Re: ALL: Drag Racing BG

Roc Linkov <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Feb 2006 07:48:51 -0600

text/plain

A little correct information is in order here.

We now have our schedules worked out through 2010 so we are aware of
yearly events.

We did submit our days for the entire year's events to Beech Bend in
November 2005.

We were told by Dallas that he could no longer afford to open the track
on Saturdays at 1:00pm for us at a cost of $15 per driver

We were told that we could rent the track on any Thursday of our events
for a fee of $2500 for 4 hours.  I believe someone posted that this is
exactly what they were told for a Wednesday date.  At that point we had
drafted an agenda for drags by pre-registration for Thursday.  We
estimated that we would need 50 participants at $50 per to cover the
cost.  The NCM cannot just subsidize this amount.

Dallas rescinded our agreement for Thursday of Gathering when he made a
deal for a 4 day event with another group.  This happens to be standard
Dallas procedure.  So the comment about it being too bad the NCM not
getting the track first is a rash and unwarranted assumption.

BTW for another event, a group has found a guarantor for the balance of
the cost for rental and we are proceeding with drags for that event.  IF
Dallas gets a better deal though, he will cancel ours with virtually no
notice, something he has done many times to us and others.

We have kept Mom and Hutch advised of our negotiations and problems with
Beech Bend.  Furthermore we are looking into a way of permanently
solving the drag racing and autocross venue dilemma.

As for registration, we have been ready in the Events Dept to go live.
The delay has been due to the implementation of a new software platform.
Among the reasons for the change has been to address some of the
concerns expressed by registrants in the past.  Some of the improvements
you will see are the ability to access your records and make updates and
changes, going back to an existing registration and make additions or
deletions and the ability to order an event shirt directly in the
registration procedure.

We worked all day yesterday building a test run and if it goes correctly
we should go live today.

Roc Linkov
NCM Events Manager

350 Corvette Drive Bowling Green KY 42101
270/781-7973 x162
800/ 53 VETTE
www.corvettemuseum.com