nontech: gas & track

John Potocki <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:31:45 -0500

text/plain

Our local Sunoco station raised CAM II from $3.49 to 3.99 during the winter
for the 110 octane leaded.  Made a few calls and found out that for another
20 cents a gallon I could get the Sunoco Supreme that is rated for 14:1
compression for up to 10,000  rpm. rated at 112 (R+M)divided by 2.

OK, drove about 70 miles to Mason Dixon dragway in MD today and bought 110
gallons of the stuff.  Walked the track as I was early and the track was
still sticky to past the eighth mile and it was 19 degrees this
morning!!  Amazing, 19 degrees and it is still sticky.  Damn, they must
really spray this sucker.

Some guys from the MD and northern VA area go to 75&80 dragstrip which is a
death trap.  I think it would be wise to consider Mason Dixon for future
Vette events as they are just across the mountain from each other and,
quite frankly, I have seen and heard too many horror stories about 75&80
for my taste. (Didn't a stock C5 kiss the wall last year on the big
end?)  No way I would run anything I owned at 75&80 - not even a truck.  It
is a grease slick.

Damn fine sign to have a sticky track after snows and in the freezing
weather.  It is small but safe from what I could tell and I walked both
lanes the whole way.

Storing 110 gallons is interesting too. But that is another story too.

john

Problems? Contact Dave Bright at: [log in to unmask]
TOPICS: TECH: or NONTECH:
http://www.zr1.net