]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

ZR1NET Home

ZR1NET  May 2018

ZR1NET May 2018

Register Now! 2018 Gathering - Pre-Registration Ends May 7th

Mark Horner <[log in to unmask]>

Mark Horner <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 5 May 2018 21:43:20 -0500

multipart/related (61 lines) , image001.jpg (61 lines) , image003.jpg (61 lines) , image001.jpg (61 lines) , image002.jpg (61 lines) , image003.jpg (61 lines)

All,

   It’s Time for the Gathering!  We are getting excited as the upcoming Gathering at the National Corvette Museum is getting closer.  Registration for the ZR-1 / GSR / Gathering is now open on the National Corvette Museum’s website, and ends Monday May 7th.  All event sign-ups are available on the same link (MSP Track, Karting and Banquet).  Lodging is still available under the ZR-1 Net / GS Registry’s block of rooms at the Holiday Inn University Plaza, block code ZR5, or simply click the below link ZR-1 Net / GSR Registry.  Included with our block is breakfast at the hotel’s café – If you have previously booked without using the ZR5 code, please contact the hotel and let them know you are with the ZR-1 Net Registry.  Also, if you have any problems, please feel free to contact myself or Ted Feder ([log in to unmask])

.

Please note - this event is not just for C4 Corvettes, rather all members of the ZR-1 Net and Grand Sport Registries.  There will be multiple road trips and seminars, but we’d like to highlight a few items:

   Track Day at the Motorsports Park:   No matter what your skill is on a motorsports track, we can accommodate you!  There will be multiple run groups for beginners, intermediate and advanced drivers.  The morning prior to our time on the track, we will conduct a driving session at the National Corvette Museum in order to make you a safer and better prepared driver for the event.  Want to know what it’s like on the track? Take a short ride with Mike Rivet (Former Pro Escort Series race driver) and I around the NCM’s Motorsports Park track during a prior year’s touring lap session.  Mike will also be instructing at the NCM prior to our track event.

   Karting at the Motorsports Park:  Think you’re a great driver? Let’s really go all out and find out who is the fastest on the Motorsport Park’s ¼ mile Karting track.  This is great fun for everyone, from those who want to see what Karting is all about, to those who can’t get enough of the smell of gas and burning rubber!  We’ll meet up at the Kartplex, form into racing teams, and let the fun begin!  Can’t get enough? There are multiple sessions throughout the afternoon for those who want to spend more time on the track – you will not be disappointed!

   Black Widow ZR-1s:  The 25th Anniversary of the Black Widow Corvette will be celebrated. These special Corvettes will be on display within the National Corvette Museum, as well as seminars conducted by key members of DRM Motorsports, MerCruiser and Lotus to share with us the aggressive endeavor of creating a RPO concept 475HP ZR-1 for Chevrolet in 1993. Find why these special cars are so historically important to the history of the C4 Corvette ZR-1, and how they came to be.  More importantly, if accepted as a RPO, they would have been the most powerful naturally aspirated Corvette ever made; more powerful than today’s Corvette, 25 years later.

   Attention DRM-500 / 600 GSR Owners:  I’m looking to get in contact with all DRM owners.  If I have not already identified your GSR as a DRM and spoken with you, please contact me.

   Questions: If you have any questions regarding the event, please feel free to contact Karen Renfrow (270-467-8804) or Bryce Burklow (270-777-4506) regarding event registration at our National Corvette Museum; the ZR-1 Net's Events Chairman, Ted Feder, at events@zr1netregistry; or myself at this address.

   Safety: Lastly, if you are registering to participate on the Motorsports Park track, please prepare now to ensure your GSR is prepared, both for the trip and the track.  I can’t emphasize enough the need to flush brake fluid annually and that tires are in good condition. We want to ensure everyone has a great time on the track, and a good trip home.

   We look forward to seeing you at the Gathering!  Travel safe.

Best Regards,

Mark Horner
(334) 546-3812 Cell

TOPICS: TECH or SALOON
Problems? Contact ZR1Mom at: [log in to unmask]
ZR-1 Store @ http://www.zr1net.net
ZR-1 Saloon Keeper